Compiling druntime gives error messages

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 4 15:43:52 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 11:32:34PM +0000, tcak via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I have DMD 2.066.1 installed on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> I downloaded all files from
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime
[...]
> Am I downloading wrong druntime codes, or using wrong DMD compiler? It
> is like downloaded druntime codes are coming from future.

Generally, to compile druntime from git HEAD requires that you use dmd
from git HEAD, as a number of compiler / druntime fixes require changes
in both. So it's not surprising if the latest druntime fails to be
compiled by an earlier compiler.

See also: http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

(which includes building druntime).

Nobody is perfect.  I am Nobody. -- pepoluan, GKC forum