Compiling druntime gives error messages

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 5 21:40:39 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 5 November 2014 at 17:40:54 UTC, Domingo wrote:
> And what about of back ports of important fixes, changes that
> can be backward compatible.
>
> In my point of view the 2.0.66.* is a dead release, because it
> can not compile lots of already existing code that the 2.0.65
> and 2.0.67 can.
>
> A D language weakness pointed out on other posts no
> backports/fixes like gcc and others do.
>
> Not a good thing to grow up the user base.

While it may be better for users if such backporting was done for
stable releases, the D community doesn't have the resources to do
that right now.  Perhaps users can post bounties on bountysource
for specific features they'd like to see backported, as it's
thankless work that nobody is incented to do otherwise:

https://www.bountysource.com/teams/d/issues