Multiple Inhertiance?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 00:47:43 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 November 2014 at 08:38:53 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Ola Fosheim Grøstad:
>
>> Then why are they adding multiple alias this, which appears to
>> be worse?
>
> The multiple alias this is being designed right now. If you
> don't like the complexities it introduces, then it's a good
> moment to express your concerns in that thread (I plan to not
> use multiple alias this much).

I have, quite strongly, pointed out that alias this is a static
version of prototype based programming (like javascript). And
that self (which is based on prototype based programming) had
multiple inheritance but removed it because:

1. it was not used much
2. it lead to confusion about which method was called

I also pointed out that D should not keep adding features that
makes it more badly typed.

I think D should either try to support programming in the large
or stop claiming that D aims to stop programming in the large
while not being willing to make the feature set suitable.