Programming Language for Games, part 3

Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 08:46:44 PST 2014

On 04/11/2014 14:18, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> And as long as there is no other solution warnings are better than
> simply ignoring the problem.

+1

> But I think it's likely this check will be implemented in
> Dscanner (https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner/issues/204) and
> in the end it doesn't really matter where it's implemented.

While that's better than nothing, it does matter where it's implemented.
It means you only detect problems when remembering to run Dscanner. If
you wire it into your build system, you've added a new dependency* to
keep track of. You have to hope Dscanner continues to be maintained and
kept in sync with your D compiler (not just that it builds, but it
understands the latest D syntax and semantic changes).

* For this reason, in practice, most small D projects won't use Dscanner
regularly.