DerelictBgfx not shipping core libs.

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 11:53:36 PST 2014

> I just don't see the point to not share the most common target
> dependencies libs. Therefore the examples can run out of the
> box for most people and some super cool project can be show
> cased for D rapidly. This leads to hooking. That's it that's
> all and this is the key.

Common libraries binaries can usually be found on their own site.
The best we can do it provide a link.

You had this problem with bgfx specifically because it's
bleeding-edge and relatively unknown, and has no binary releases.
I'm pretty sure when it's more established it will have easy
channels to get it ready-made.

I think there is a misunderstanding: bgfx are kind of cool, but
they were only ported for basic testing of the bindings, and
maybe should be removed now to avoid rot.

> -"Check body, install dmd, install dub, install DerelictBgfx,
> build and run the examples. Bang! Now check the code how its
> lean and clean."

I checked The .NET bindings does this indeed, they commited a
build in their ngfx bindings. The Go one did not.

This can't fly if you target non-Windows systems. Eg, in Debian
it is disallowed by policy to ship .so dependencies with your
software in order to build it.