DerelictBgfx not shipping core libs.

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 12:08:23 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 November 2014 at 19:35:27 UTC, olivier henley
wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 November 2014 at 17:23:21 UTC, ponce wrote:
>
>> There were PR since to update to latest API so these binaries
>> would be outdated already.
>>
>> This would be easier if bgfx had numbered releases and its API
>> changed less.
>> What you _can_ do now is check the date where the API was last
>> updated in DerelictBgfx
>
> 1. You make a tag for DerelictBgfx named x.x.x_shared_lib_sync
> and just deploy the libs for this tag's dub config file.
>
> 2. In the README.md you state that anyone who wants working
> precompiled shared libs for (this that that and that target)
> should depend on latest x.x.x_shared_lib_sync else they will
> have to build the original bgfx project.
>
> Am I missing something?

I can see how this is useful for Windows programmers but would
strongly prefer to be completely separated from the bindings, in
some kind of FTP/HTTP server. There would be a link in the
README.md and you would upload builds there instead.