Register based error-handling?

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 6 13:18:13 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 November 2014 at 19:18:14 UTC, Jeremy Powers via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Jonathan Marler via

> suggestion than checked exceptions though...

I think the worst thing about exceptions is the syntax
deformation introduced by all the try/catch blocks.

Something like a "flat try/catch" could help a bit:

foo(); //implicit try if declared with checked exceptions
check(exception1, exception2) { writeln("1 or 2")};
check(exception3) writeln("this is 3");
//compilation error since exception4 was not checked