DerelictBgfx not shipping core libs.

olivier henley via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 7 10:46:49 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 November 2014 at 05:33:11 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> Because it's beyond the scope of the project. I will not
> distribute any precompiled C binaries with any Derelict
> packages. Even if I had copious amounts of free time and a room
> full of computers running multiple operating systems, I
> wouldn't do it. When the documentation is complete, Derelict
> users will have all the information they need to go out and get
> their hands on the libraries they need. Beyond that, they are
> on their own.

Ok, you are right not to distribute any binaries. Your project
has a precise scope and covers many different packages. It is
coherent "as is".

Guys like me and Laeeth should organize around your work to
deliver a smooth experience when possible. E.g. provide dlls
through separate means for windows like Ponce suggested.

Nevertheless I feel we should be told upfront about the
implications of using your package in the context that you can't
and won't deliver dependencies like others do. By upfront I mean
in an explicit way, limit as a warning.

Sincerely,

olivier