Optimization fun

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 7 11:16:31 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 04:06:44PM -0300, Ary Borenszweig via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Is the code public? I'd like to port it to other languages and see how
> they behave, see if this is a general problem or just something
> specific to D.
[...]

I haven't posted the code anywhere yet, but I could certainly send you a
copy if you want.

However, the test input I'm using is not public, so you'll have to craft
your own input files for testing purposes. The public input files I do
have are too simple to pose a significant challenge to the solver (plus,
they default to BFS instead of A*, so you might get different results
from what I described here).

Arise, you prisoners of Windows / Arise, you slaves of Redmond, Wash, / The day and hour soon are coming / When all the IT folks say "Gosh!" / It isn't from a clever lawsuit / That Windowsland will finally fall, / But thousands writing open source code / Like mice who nibble through a wall. -- The Linux-nationale by Greg Baker