extern(C) in druntime

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 08:28:10 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 November 2014 at 15:52:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 11/10/14 10:40 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> This was an answer to "you can't forward declare extern
>> (D) functions"
>
> I think Sean's point is that is another historical reason why
> we used extern(C), back when pragma(mangle) didn't exist.

Yep.

Since some D types don't exist in C and so have to be passed
differently by convention (static arrays), I think an argument
could be made that we should assume that anything behind an
extern (C) interface is in fact C code.  But that's not how it's
treated today, where extern (C) is simply another calling
convention.