Connection Problems with forum.dlang.org

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 16:59:57 PST 2014

I started having issues today connecting to forum.dlang.org from
the proxy server we use at work (I work at HP). I've never had
this problem before today.  I can connect if I use a 3rd party
proxy server (such as https://hide.me/en/proxy).  I captured a
wireshark trace and I'm just not getting any response from the
initial HTTP request.  I get the ACK from the request but never
get any response.  I've been trying it all day and it hasn't
worked.

I first tried using different proxy servers and it seems that all
the HP proxy servers aren't working. So, my best guess is that
the forum.dlang.org server might be blocking or limiting packets
from ip addresses it gets too many requests from.

We have a variety of proxies we can use to connect outside our
private network, I've tried three of them and they all can't
connect.  Here's there host names and ip addresses:

1. proxy-txn.austin.hp.com (16.85.175.70)
2. proxy.houston.hp.com (16.85.88.10)
3. web-proxy.corp.hp.com (16.85.175.150)

I don't know who manages the dlang servers, but if someone sees
this could you grep the logs/error logs for these ip addresses
and see if they are being blocked in some way?  There are alot of
machines behind these ip addresses so maybe the server thinks it
might be getting DOS'd from these ip addresses, when in reality,
it's just alot of machines using these ip addresses as proxy
connections.

Thanks.

P.S.  I didn't post this using my regular login because I don't
want to login through the 3rd party proxy server I'm connecting
through.