Splitting stdio, etc.

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 12 09:52:09 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 at 15:40:49 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> But regardless, I still think we should do one thing at a time.
> If the cleaned up import solves the speed+size problem, no need
> to spend the time trying to split the module.

One point that tends to be ignored every time this discussion
comes up is that of encapsulation. Since access modifiers work on
a per-module basis in D, I think there is a strong incentive to
making modules as small as reasonably possible by default. If a
more coarse-grained structure is desired for imports from user
code, one can always use package modules.

David