On heap segregation, GC optimization and @nogc relaxing

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 13 03:00:35 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 10:10:34 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> potentially have references to it. They either need to be
> stopped, or write barriers need to be utilized when references
> to immutable data are changed.

I sometimes wonder if the very pragmatic and brutal option of
just having GC on the main thread and prevent all escapes of
objects from the main thread without explicit ownership transfer
would solve D's GC performance related problems.

It would work for real time applications and it would work for
people who use D in a scripty fashion (but not for vibe.d).