Microsoft now giving away VS 2013

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 13 14:24:00 PST 2014

On 13/11/14 10:36, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Actually I think it makes the life harder to earn Windows developers hearts for
> D, specially with .NET Native around the corner (it will come in Windows 10).
>
> Free Visual Studio + C#/F# + SIMD + .NET Native is a very enticing proposal.

I don't think there's any point in worrying about this.  Microsoft open-sourcing
.NET and making Visual Studio freely available is a great contribution to
software development.  Rather than worrying about whether it will take away
opportunities from D, we should just focus on making D as good as it can be and
solving the problems of the people who find it compelling.