Microsoft now giving away VS 2013

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 13 22:21:44 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 13:59:32 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 08:50:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>>
>> So, how to write a source-to-source compiler from CS to D…? ;-)
>
> I think it would be more useful would be to go the other way
> around for targeting Windows Phone.  Or rather, it would be if
> anyone actually used WP.  (Going after Microsoft's also-ran
> mobile OS isn't particularly compelling when our story for
> targeting Android is still in such a dire state.)

Dire state?  All druntime/phobos tests pass on Android/x86,
except for std.datetime:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Build_DMD_for_Android

OK, that's not ARM that everybody cares about, but that just
means combining an ARM backend from ldc or gdc and the existing
linux/ARM and Android support in druntime/phobos, then hacking
around the lack of native TLS on Android.  gdc supposedly
supports emulated TLS, so all the pieces should be in place there
to do it.  I've been recently looking into hacking the packed TLS
solution I used with dmd for Android/x86 into ldc and llvm.

Dan Olson got pretty far with iOS support too, early this year:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/m2txc2kqxv.fsf@comcast.net

D has some support for mobile, albeit not fully polished.