Microsoft now giving away VS 2013

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 12:20:07 PST 2014

On Friday, 14 November 2014 at 19:38:44 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Friday, 14 November 2014 at 18:30:54 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
> wrote:
>> 14-Nov-2014 13:48, Paulo Pinto пишет:
>>>
>>> It is primitive compared to modern language standards, but
>>> companies see
>>> business value in it. Even Microsoft has joined the party
>>> with Azure
>>> support for Docker.
>>
>> Frankly this doesn't have anything to do with Go as in
>> langauge. For instance, just because I use tools written in
>> Perl doesn't mean I endorse Perl.
>
> Yes you do, this is economy 101.
>
> By using tools based on Perl you are creating a market
> perpection that it is worth creating tools in Perl.

Haha, yes, to quote Google's Go blog:

«infrastructure companies like Google, CloudFlare, Canonical,
Digital Ocean, GitHub, Heroku, and Microsoft are now using Go to
do some heavy lifting»

http://blog.golang.org/5years

It is fun how they claim Microsoft is using Go to do some heavy
lifting… I am sure Microsoft is thrilled with the formulation!