Microsoft now giving away VS 2013

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 12:29:19 PST 2014

14-Nov-2014 23:20, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" пишет:
> On Friday, 14 November 2014 at 19:38:44 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

>>> Frankly this doesn't have anything to do with Go as in langauge. For
>>> instance, just because I use tools written in Perl doesn't mean I
>>> endorse Perl.
>>
>> Yes you do, this is economy 101.
>>
>> By using tools based on Perl you are creating a market perpection that
>> it is worth creating tools in Perl.
>
> Haha, yes, to quote Google's Go blog:
>
> «infrastructure companies like Google, CloudFlare, Canonical, Digital
> Ocean, GitHub, Heroku, and Microsoft are now using Go to do some heavy
> lifting»

Classics! :)

I love these kinds of statements with "heavy lifting" and "great
scalability" and "huge amounts of data". And things like e.g. Python web
frameworks claiming to be "super fast" at request routing because they
compile regular expressions at start-up. How smart... OMG.

--
Dmitry Olshansky