std.experimental.logger formal review round 3

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 13:43:52 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 19:59:21 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> Therefore, I think thread local global Logger and how to make
> them interact is something that should be left to the advanced
> user.

Except that they can't actually get rid of all the overhead
involved, as the locking is hard-coded into the Logger
base-class. Granted, acquiring an uncontended lock isn't terribly
expensive, but it's still a noticeable overhead if you are just
logging to a thread-local buffer otherwise.

David