Linux 64bit Calling Convention

safety0ff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 21:19:09 PST 2014

On Saturday, 25 October 2014 at 16:14:30 UTC, Trass3r wrote:
> Yes it's clearly stated on the ABI page (and sane).
> Nobody ever noticed cause it's hard to spot this in assembly.

I've hit it a few times, I wasn't sure if it was me or the
compiler that was mistaken so I didn't create a report, I just
swapped my registers and moved on.

On Friday, 14 November 2014 at 19:42:54 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:

> However, as this is a breaking change (think naked inline asm)

I'm probably not the only user who has adjusted their registers
and moved on.
As usual, this is the biggest hindrance to fixing the bug,
silently swapping the registers between versions is unacceptable.