Why is `scope` planned for deprecation?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 16 14:22:42 PST 2014

On Sunday, 16 November 2014 at 22:18:51 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 22:09:00 +0000
> via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 16 November 2014 at 22:00:10 UTC, ketmar via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > that's why warp is faster than cpp? ;-)
>> Which implementation of cpp?
> gcc implementation, afair. it's slowness was the reason for
> warping.

Ok, I haven't seen an independent benchmark, but I believe clang
is faster. But…

https://github.com/facebook/warp/blob/master/lexer.d#L173

> PITA. the only sane way to write a good lexer is working with
> structure
> which emulates D string and slicing (if we must parse text from
> in-memory buffer, of course).

Nah, if you know that the file ends with zero then you can build
an efficient finite automata as a classifier.