Why is `scope` planned for deprecation?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 16 15:02:15 PST 2014

On Sunday, 16 November 2014 at 22:19:16 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> My view is of a "kind of" portable macro assembler, even MASM
> and TASM were more feature rich back in the day.
>
> Actually I remember reading a DDJ article about a Texas
> Instruments Assembler that looked like C, just with one simple
> expression per line.
>
> So you could not do
>
> a = b + c * 4;
>
> rather
>
> r0 = b
> r1 = c
> r1 *= 4
> r0 += r1
>
> Just an idea, I don't remember any longer how it actually was.

Not such a bad idea if you can blend it with regular assembly
mnemonics. When I did the course in machine near programming
university I believe I chose to do the exam in Motorola 68000
machine language because I found it no harder than C at the
timeā€¦(?) I surely would not have done the same with the x86
instruction set though.