Shared library packaging issues

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 18 03:14:05 PST 2014

On Monday, 17 November 2014 at 19:36:10 UTC, GreatEmerald wrote:
> But otherwise I pinged some people on openSUSE and it seems
> there is some interest in D, so now we have a separate project
> for it.

That's great to hear! Duncan Mac-Vicar started work on an LDC
packages, which I'm keeping up-to-date since then:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:marc_schuetz:branches:home:dmacvicar/ldc

I'm going to ask him, and then submit this package to the new
project.

I was a bit afraid of what will become of it when we switch to
DDMD, because then we'll need to have an already working D
compiler, but this project will make it easier.

BTW, I'm unsure how to handle DMD's license:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/backendlicense.txt

I think we need to ask Walter first before DMD can be put on the
OBS.