Would you trade 0.1% in performance for a better debugging experience?

Logan Capaldo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 18 06:30:42 PST 2014

On Monday, 17 November 2014 at 23:14:32 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> I proposed to build Phobos and Druntime with stack frames
> enabled:

This is very much worth it in my opinion. Not just for debugging
but being able to profile (sometimes in production, without
needing to recompile with instrumentation or debug symbols), can
definitely make up for the difference in the long run. Fast, easy
stack trace taking has a lot of utility, and can be applied where
Stack traces taken like this can be taken quickly, and symbolized
later at your leisure offline.