Ranges and Exception handling PR 2724

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 18 21:47:48 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 01:43:05AM +0000, Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> This PR https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2724
> adds an generic way of handling Exception in Range processing.
> quickfur and Dicebot ask me to start a thread here so the concept
> could be discussed.

Maybe you should give a more detail explanation here so that people know
what you're talking about.

>From what I understand, this PR is proposing to add a range wrapper that
catches exceptions thrown from range primitives and passes them to a
user-specified handler. Seems to be a promising idea, but it's probably
better if people hash it out here first and work out the best API for
it, before we commit it to Phobos.

People say I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure about that. -- YHL, CONLANG