Why is `scope` planned for deprecation?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 19 01:14:54 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 19 November 2014 at 01:13:04 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> There are good answer to most of this but most importantly, this
> do not contain anything actionable and is completely off topic(
> reminder, the topic of the thread is SCOPE ).

The topic is if "scope" is planned for deprecation. That has been
answered.

The thread has been off topic for a long time, so please don't
use moderation for silencing an opposing viewpoint from a single
party. Unless you are a moderator, but then you should also point
to the rules of the forum.

If you are a moderator, then you should first and foremost
moderate people who go ad hominem without providing an identity.

Self-appointing moderation will always lead to a very bad
situation. If the forums need moderation appoint a moderator.

> Reader's time is precious, please don't waste it.

Then don't read. The topic of this thread was never actionable.
Sounds like you want a pure developers forum.

If you want a community you need a lower threshold general forum.
"D" is the general forum until it has been defined to not be so,
but you do need a low threshold forum.

(I never give in to online bullies in unmoderated media… That
gives them a foothold.)