New std.range submodule

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 19 10:20:22 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 06:06:26PM +0000, Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 14/11/2014 21:52, David Nadlinger wrote:
> >On Friday, 14 November 2014 at 06:10:43 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> >>std.range.checks
> >
> >For this, std.range.constraints would also be perfectly fine.
>
> If it's not too late, can we change the name to std.range.traits? It
> seems better as they can be used in 'static if', not just for template
> constraints. Plus it's shorter and consistent with std.traits naming.

It's not too late until the next release.

I prefer std.range.primitives, since it's not just traits, but also
includes things like range API for built-in arrays (.front, .empty,
.popFront).

What do you mean the Internet isn't filled with subliminal messages? What about all those buttons marked "submit"??