GSOC Summer 2015 - Second call for Proposals

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 20 20:38:00 PST 2014

I've done a tiny bit a research on past GSOC projects, and based
on that is my guess is we have been successful on 5/6 projects -
but I am not really sure about the unsuccessful project.

Successes

1.  Linear Algebra Library based on SciD (2011)
Student: Cristi Cobzarenco    Mentor: David Simcha

I am claiming success based on : https://github.com/cristicbz/scid

The readme for which states " Most of the code from the original
project
by Lars Tandle Kyllingstad has been rewritten during the 2011
Google
Summer of Code by Cristi Cobzarenco".

2. An Apache Thrift Implementation for D (2011)
Student: David Nadlinger      Mentor: Nitay Joffe

Claim of success based on:
http://klickverbot.at/blog/2012/03/thrift-now-officially-supports-d/

3. Enhance regular Expressions (2011)
Student: Dmitry Olshansky    Mentor:  Fawzi Mohamed

Claim of success based on: https://github.com/DmitryOlshansky/FReD
(and recent D-Conf talks if need be).

4. Mono-D (2012)
Student: Alex Bothe	     Mentor: LightBender
Claim of success based on: https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D

5. Extended unicode support (2012)
Student: Dmitry Olshansky      Mentor: Andrei Alexandrescu
Claim of success based on: Dmitry's continued involvement in
phobos
development, though I do not have anything on how this project
actually
progressed.

Unsure of Status (2012)

1. Removing the global gc lock from common allocations in D.
(2012)
Student: Antti-Ville Tuunainen Mentor: David Simcha
I haven't found much info on this one.  Can either David or
Antti-Ville
comment on how this project went?