GSOC Summer 2015 - Second call for Proposals

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 21 05:55:40 PST 2014

On Friday, 21 November 2014 at 09:29:08 UTC, Shriramana Sharma
via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> clip
>

> Um sorry if I'm being noobish here but wouldn't improving or
> finalising the
> C++ interfacing support be a high priority? Recently there was
> a mention
> that lots of work has gone into the latest DMD versions but due
> to lack of
> documentation it is not clear how much exactly.
>
> Or if really C++ support has now matured then for me personally
> it would be
> a great boon if someone could step up to develop the budding
> project Smidgen (https://github.com/alynch4047/smidgen) to
> become more
> mature and/or use the official methods of interfacing newly
> introduced.
>
> On top of that, I suppose, is the Smidgen Qt binding...

Sounds reasonable.  I should point out I am more of an
administrator than a subject expert in these matters.  I would
like to end up with say 6 to 8 solid proposals.  We could go
higher if we have 'solid' proposals and mentors in place, but the
final list isn't going to be a laundry list of ideas.

I am not opposed to any project that has a solid mentor and clear
objectives (assuming members of the community don't raise
concerns for some reason).

You mentioned you were a newbie, so that gives you about 4 months
to become a subject expert ... and you can be the mentor :o)