GSOC Summer 2015 - Second call for Proposals

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 22 01:05:25 PST 2014

On 21.11.2014 05:38, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> Unsure of Status (2012)
>
> 1. Removing the global gc lock from common allocations in D. (2012)
> Student: Antti-Ville Tuunainen Mentor: David Simcha
> I haven't found much info on this one.  Can either David or Antti-Ville
> comment on how this project went?

The project was redirected to implementing precise scanning for the GC
using RTInfo. That feature was brand new at the time, so they had to
fight an awful lot of bugs in dmd, though.

My implementation of the precise GC was based on Antti-Ville's work
(https://github.com/Tuna-Fish/druntime/tree/gc_poolwise_bitmap), but not
a lot of code has remained from the original source.