GSOC Summer 2015 - Second call for Proposals

safety0ff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 22 08:38:42 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 5 November 2014 at 03:54:23 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> This is my second Call for Proposals for the 2015 Google Summer
> of Code. Anyone interested in mentoring, or who has good idea's
> for a project for 2015 please post here.

I think it'd be awesome to have something like
boost::intrusive[1] in D.
For a GSOC project, the scope could be reduced to a few of the
containers from the boost version (focus should be to lay
groundwork for future additions.)

The advantage of intrusive containers which I believe would have
the most mass appeal is that memory management is external to the
container instead of baked in.

Further more, intrusive containers can be combined and extended
in interesting ways (I've found this extremely useful,) which are
impossible with non-intrusive containers. I've chosen to use C++
over D for some of my programs due to this library alone.

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/doc/html/intrusive.html