[OT] unbelievable: #ifdef _OTHER_LIB_H

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 26 13:07:00 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 26 November 2014 at 20:59:30 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
wrote:
> I would hate to hear what you have to say about software that
> you don't like :o)

hehe

> What is your new linux distro?

Slackware 14.1. I've been a Slackware user for a long time and I
still find it less unbearable than the alternatives, but it often
annoys me.

I should have probably just compiled a new kernel and left
everything else the same. On my old system, I deleted all but
four of the fonts because I couldn't stand them. Tried to do that
here, and X wouldn't start. But I think I have it ok enough now,
the text still looks pretty bad, but I'm getting used to it (ugh).

I seriously considered putting Windows on though and running
linux in a VM. But I don't like the Windows mouse behavior, I
like my sloppy focus and especially the lack of click raising
windows. And my hotkeys on keys reserved by the system in Windows.

On the other hand, I don't like it when it takes a whole day to
get basic things working. Argh. But hopefully once it is up it'll
give me a lot of use again.