[OT] unbelievable: #ifdef _OTHER_LIB_H

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 27 09:55:46 PST 2014

On 2014-11-27 09:17, deadalnix wrote:

> I hear that false dichotomy so many time that I lost count. That's is an
> idiotic mindset. You can have a gui that is also manipulable all via
> keyboard in an efficient manner.
>
> gnome-do is a good example of this:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTxqE3M1k0U

I'm using Quicksilver [1] on OS X, which seems to be the same thing as
gnome-do.

> Because of that mindset, we are in 2014 and all terminal emulator are
> complete garbage to the point I ended up coding my own (which is garbage
> as well but at least does what I do and I can fix it when it doesn't,
> and it is in D :) ).

I'm using iTerm2 [2] on OS X. I think it's pretty good. Some of the cool
features it supports:

* Drag and drop to download/upload files to/from server via SCP/SSH

* Bookmarks. It can also automatically set special bookmarks for each
prompt, I found this very useful

* Silent and visual bell
* Notifications

* Cmd+click on files/folders/links will open the item in the default
application

* Render inline images

* Toolbelt, basically a side bar that can show different panes like
command history, captured output, jobs, recent directories and so on

* tmux integration, this basically means tmux tabs and split panes can
be mapped to native tabs and split panes

Then some of more standard boring features: themes, profiles, tabs and
split panes.

[1] http://qsapp.com/
[2] http://iterm2.com/

--