[OT] unbelievable: #ifdef _OTHER_LIB_H

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 27 12:46:29 PST 2014

On Thursday, 27 November 2014 at 20:09:04 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:58:32 +0000
> Joakim via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> > i bet that such intefaces will be widespread, but faster and
>> > more
>> > usable? nope. i can type much faster than i'm talking, i can
>> > edit what
>> > i typed and... and just won't buy it. but yes, they *seems*
>> > to be
>> > better than plain old keyboard.
>>
>> You would have to be a very slow talker if you could type
>> faster.
>
>   assert(0, assumeNoGC(() { import std.format : format; return
> "%s".format("hi")~" there!"; })());
>
> anyone? nononono, i DON'T want to voice that!

"assert zero<pause>assumeNoGC lambda import standard format
symbol format done return string stringformat done dot format
string hi done append string space there bang done done<pause>"

I just tossed that off from the top of my head so you can always
find a hole or two in it, but the point is that you'd use a vocal
shorthand and the voice IDE would automatically pop up two
arguments for the assert, so simply pausing would take you to the
next one, just as keyboard-oriented IDEs provide such niceties
today.  Eventually, programming language syntax will have to be
redone for voice, as I noted before.

> ah, spaces must be voiced
> to, 'cause i want "format : format", not "format:format".
>
> speech recognizer that knows everything about my style in each
> computer language i ever used? no, thanks, i certainly don't
> want to
> configure it, i'll die of the old age before completing that
> task.

You'll simply hand the recognizer software a bunch of old code
that exemplifies your programming style and it'll figure out that
you prefer spaces there and automatically add them for you,
without having to say it or configure it. :) That's actually
fairly easy, if your style is at all consistent.

>>   You can edit what you spoke with voice commands too, people
>> do it now.
> vim anyone? i can't even speak that vim commands (hey, i don't
> remember
> 'em, my fingers remember... but my fingers can't talk).

Already addressed with a specific example from Teoh before.

> ah, and occasional "ah, hello, honey, how do... DAMN IT! FSCK!
> GET
> LOST! oh, no, honey, i'm not talking with you... what do you
> mean by
> 'you never talking with me'? ehm... shit."

"break<pause>ah, hello, honey, how do..."