2 types of D users, both can live together happily if we adjust

Vic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 27 16:17:18 PST 2014

I completely understand and support the DIY nature of Open Source
and it's something that should be underlined often!

If we turn out to be successful, I  do plan to resource out D
support. But I'm running a startup and don't have the spare
cycles. But I am using D, betting the company on it, programmers
in my shop do D 100% of time, so I do consider myself a part of
the D community.
So all I can do is wish for a small and stable D lang, vs a large
D experimental platform - and both are possible. If I had
resources I would divide Phobos and complier/pre-compiler to
support the 2 camps: people that use D on real projects and
people that want to experiment as I have outlined.
I do think this to be key thing for the active D community to
internalize as it relates to D wide adoption or disappearing: the
size of project managed as it releases to FTE (~2000 hrs/year)
resources that maintain it. Manifested mostly as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep or instability (is my
code wrong or is it D )