Phobos - breaking existing code

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 28 18:22:19 PST 2014

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:15:30 -0800
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 04:12:05AM +0200, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 01:39:44 +0000
> > bearophile via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Walter Bright:

> > > There's a pull in need of some love, I'd like to see this in D:
> > > https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3615
>
> I'd like to see this in D too. AFAICT, everybody else has approved it,
> it's just Walter who has some reservations about it.
>

> > it needs just some cosmetix changes (afair) and that's all. i'm using
> > this patch from july and still alive. ;-)
>
> What kind of cosmetic changes are needed?
i honestly can't remember. can't diff my version with original patch
from github 'cause my version has alot of code style changes which
makes diff spit out almost any line. that was really some cosmetic
changes a-la "this line was split to two, so path can't find it
anymore" and so on, nothing intrusive.

i don't even sure that those cosmetic changes was not caused by my
other patches.