Phobos - breaking existing code

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 29 07:52:55 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:41:45AM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 11/28/2014 6:08 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >Hmm. Did you install libncurses5-dev (or libncursesw5-dev)? If not, try
> >`apt-get install libncurses5-dev` (or libncursesw5-dev as appropriate).
> >Otherwise, try -lncurses5 or -lncursesw5, perhaps?
>
> Yeah, that didn't work, either.
>
> I wound up simply ripping out ncurses and hardcoding it for xterm.

Haha... obviously you haven't seen Adam Ruppe's excellent terminal.d
library:

	https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd

I used it for a few of my own projects, and it's pretty awesome. Not
perfect, mind you, but it does work pretty well for common terminals
like xterm (or whatever termcap entries it can parse). I highly
recommend it.

Elegant or ugly code as well as fine or rude sentences have something in
common: they don't depend on the language. -- Luca De Vitis