Phobos - breaking existing code

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 29 07:56:25 PST 2014

On 11/29/14, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Just for fun, I've decided to try and get MicroEmacs in D added to the dub
> registry. The last time it compiled was 2 years ago.

You seem to create this kind of thread every other month. People
complaint to you about A and B, you ignore it, and then when it hits
you *personally* suddenly it's a shock to you.

The fact that you think you're going to get symbol suggestions for 2
year old code just shows how out of touch you are with the development
process. We have a deprecation stage, and a removal stage. There's no
way you're going to get suggestions for missing symbols for code that
references those symbols which existed 2 years ago.

/rant-mode activated