Phobos - breaking existing code

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 30 12:28:00 PST 2014

30-Nov-2014 23:22, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 11/30/2014 7:36 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Good idea! We should archive docs from older versions of Phobos and make
>> them accessible on dlang.org. I'm working on revamping some parts of the
>> Phobos docs build; once that's in, it might not be too hard to make it
>> also generate docs for older releases.
>
> I decided to try and update DMDScript from D1 to D2. Thousands and
> thousands of error messages :-(

Even back in 2010 it took about 10 evenings to get it to "runnable"
state. Then another ~20 evenings to fix most of bugs, including semantic
errors and GC collecting live objects.

You may want to check my fork that used to compile with dmd 2.058 or
smth (whatever was actual in 2012). Might help to assess the amount of
work...
https://github.com/DmitryOlshansky/DMDScript

It at least passed about 90% (most fails in library tests) of 2012
Google's Spuntik JavaScript test.

--
Dmitry Olshansky