Phobos - breaking existing code

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 30 14:01:51 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 12:22:54PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 11/30/2014 7:36 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >Good idea! We should archive docs from older versions of Phobos and
> >make them accessible on dlang.org. I'm working on revamping some
> >parts of the Phobos docs build; once that's in, it might not be too
> >hard to make it also generate docs for older releases.
>
> I decided to try and update DMDScript from D1 to D2. Thousands and
> thousands of error messages :-(

Well... upgrading from C to C++ involves... close to zero error
messages. But that's not necessarily a good thing, as I'm sure you'll
agree! I think in many ways, D2 is a far different language than D1, and
it'd be unrealistic to expect D1 code to compile with D2 without a fair
amount of changes.

"I suspect the best way to deal with procrastination is to put off the
procrastination itself until later. I've been meaning to try this, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. " -- swr