D Parsing (again)/ D grammar

Vladimir Kazanov via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 2 10:43:43 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 17:17:53 UTC, Cliff wrote:

> What has steered you down the path of writing your own parser
> generator as opposed to using an existing one such as ANTLR?
> Were there properties you wanted that it didn't have, or
> performance, or...?

Like I said in the introducing post, this is a personal
experiment of sorts. I am aware of most alternatives, such as
ANTLR's ALL(*) and many, MANY others. :) And I would never write
something myself as a part of my full-time job.

But right now I am writing an article on generalized parsers,
toying with implementations I could lay my hands on, implementing
others. GLL is a rather exotic LL flavor which looks attractive
in theory. I want to see it in practice.