D Parsing (again)/ D grammar

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 2 14:26:12 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 18:06:04 UTC, Vladimir Kazanov
wrote:
> Chances are that I will be able to get the original GLL parser
> generator from one of algorithm authors (Adrian Johnstone).
> He's really helpful here. From that point, I will only have to
> add a frontend for generating a concrete parser, starting with
> Python - it already has a fully working grammar. Hopefully, I
> will also be able to find a suitable grammar for D, it is
> always a pleasure to play with the language.

Nice! If you manage to get a GLL generator for D (or C++) going
I'd love to try it out.

The only general parser generator I've tested so far is the
Tomita-style GLR parser called DParser, but IIRC the
documentation could need some improvement:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dparser/