D Parsing (again)/ D grammar

Vladimir Kazanov via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 3 10:05:37 PDT 2014

On Friday, 3 October 2014 at 16:20:29 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Thanks a lot, by the way!
>>
>> I've just skimmed through the code and the README... You did
>> not use the
>> packed forest representation, did you..?
>
> Sorry for the microscopic documentation (Pegged is more
> documented
> than that...), it was a 'for me only' project.

This is perfectly fine with me: I think I should be okay with the
theory behind
the code, and your style isn't cryptic.

> I'm not sure the previous paragraph is clear...

I got the point.

> Imagine you have 10 different parse trees. They could be
> disributed like this:
>
> # parse result      % global parse time
> 1                          40%
> 2                          2
> 3                          3
> 4                          3
> 5                          5
> 6                          6
> 7                          8
> 8                          10
> 9                          11
> 10                        12

Interesting, indeed.

Anyway, thank you very much for the code. The weekend is coming
-> I'll play with your implementation and see if there any
improvements possible.