Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 01:25:23 PDT 2014

On 10/3/2014 9:10 AM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> I think Walter forgets that you ensure integrity of a complex system of servers
> by utilizing a rock solid proven transaction database/task-scheduler for
> handling all critical information. If that fails, you probably should shut down
> everything, roll back to the last backup and reboot.

You don't ensure integrity of anything by running software after it has entered
an unknown and unanticipated state.

There's no way you'd bet your life on it.

 > rock solid proven

Yeah, right.

 > If that fails

"When that fails" FTFY

 > I think Walter forgets

I think you forget my background in designing critical flight controls systems.
I know what works, and the proof is the incredible safety of airliners. Yeah, I
know that's "appeal to authority", but I've backed it up, too.