eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 02:14:03 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 4 October 2014 at 08:15:57 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 01:06:14 -0700
> Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't do that anymore (at least mostly not). The compiler
>> only
>> continues to issue error messages for code that is not
>> dependent on
>> the code that caused an error message.
> but first it trues to guess what to skip to "get in sync"
> again. that's
> exactly the guessing i'm against. got error? stop
> parsing/analyzing and
> die.

The compiler or the parser is not guessing "what I should do",
but "what the user wanted to do". They are very different things.
The parser itself is as sound as ever. It is on its user input
error processing path but, hey, it was designed to do that. It
knows what it is doing.