Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 15:20:25 PDT 2014

On 10/04/2014 03:57 PM, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:

> A validated correctness proof ensures that the code follows the
> specification, so no bugs.

The day we can guarantee a correctness proof as being perfectly sound
and...well...correct is the day we can guarantee software correctness
without the formal proof.

Proofs are just as subject to mistakes and oversights as actual code.
Proofs deal with that via auditing and peer review, but...so does
software. It sure as hell doesn't guarantee lack of bugs in software, so
what in the world would make anyone think it magically guarantees lack
of mistakes in a "proof"? (A "proof" btw, is little more than code which
may or may not ever actually get mechanically executed.)