Who pays for all this?

Shammah Chancellor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 17:18:27 PDT 2014

I've been a member of the D community for about 13 years now, and I'm
impressed with how much has happened over that period of time with the
language and community.   However, I wonder who pays for all of this?
I feel like a lot of the infrastructure is taken for granted, and
provided ad-hoc by members of the community and/or Walter Bright from
his non-D ventures.

Might it be time for a formation of a D Programming Language Foundation
to which people can donate and funds some of the hosting, and possibly
pay for some time of the various heavy contributors?

-Shammah