via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 23:55:14 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 5 October 2014 at 06:09:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Carpenters can be liable for building things they know are
> wrong, regardless of what the spec says.

You can be made liable if you don't notify the responsible entity
you work for that the solution is unsuitable for the purpose.

How it works in my country is that to raise a building you need a
qualified entity that is "responsible for the quality of the
construction" which could be an architect, a building engineer or
a carpenter with some extra certification. They are responsible
for ensuring/approving the overall quality. They are required to
ensure the quality of the spec/work and are therefore liable vs
the customer.