scope() statements and return

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 5 10:15:11 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 5 October 2014 at 16:42:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Yes. http://dlang.org/phobos/object.html#.Throwable.next
> Though it seems to do more harm then good so far.

Hm, so the next field is used for two different purposes? Both
for capturing the original exception on a rethrow and for
capturing concurrent exceptions originating in a finally block?
That is messy.

I personally find regular exceptions overcomplicated for a system
level language. I think I'd rather allocate resources through
manager objects and release on runtime-registered landing pads,
allowing the omission of frame-pointers.