Who pays for all this?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 5 21:02:25 PDT 2014

On 10/4/14, 8:33 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Might it be time for a formation of a D Programming Language
>> Foundation to which
>> people can donate and funds some of the hosting, and possibly pay for
>> some time
>> of the various heavy contributors?
>
> We're not really limited by lack of funds,

whaaa

> but more by lack of focussed
> effort. If anyone wants to contribute funds, probably the best use would
> be to add bug bounties for bugzilla issues that they find to be
> neglected. The bounties don't really compensate at professional rates,
> but they do work as a nice "thanks" to those who donate their valuable
> time.

A $150 monthly contribution would cover our hosting costs. $1000 per
month would cover the yearly basic costs for DConf. $500 more per month
would add A/V for the conference. We've had DConf partially sponsored,
but it's good to have autonomy. Some more couple thousands would buy us
things like a web designer. $2000 or more per month would possibly get
us a person to put on things that are urgent and important.

We're very much limited by the lack of funds.

Andrei