GDC & Pandaboard/QEMU & Framebuffer

John A via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 5 21:39:01 PDT 2014

Not sure where to post this; it's not a question, just some info.

I have created a set of pages here:

   http://arrizza.org/wiki/index.php/Dlang

with instructions which include:
   - how to create a GDC cross-compiler using crosstool-ng
   - how to create some sample applications to test out GDC
   - how to create a sample app that writes to the framebuffer via
GDC
   - how to set up and run these apps on QEMU
   - how to run the same apps on a Pandaboard

There is nothing new here. Others have written it already, some
of which worked as advertised for me, some didn't. I've just
gathered it up, tried it out and wrote down very specific
instructions about what I needed to do to get it to work.
Hopefully it works well for you.

Note I use Ubuntu 12.04 for everything, so these pages won't help
Windows folks.

John